How To Add a Map Search Module To Your Website
January 31st, 2011
Modules are customizable “drop-ins” you can put on your personal website to promote certain properties, and help get people to your MLS search. There are 4 different kinds of modules. In this tutorial, let’s look at the Map Search Module.
Map Search Module
To use the Map Search Module, you’ll need to click on the image of the Map Search Module. Then, choose the custom built link that you would like your module to display listings from (Read: How To Create a Custom Link). The module will display the first 25 listings that the link results in (based on the sort set for the link).
Adjusting the Width:
- Choose the width that you would like your module to be (we don’t recommend anything less than 550).
- If you update your changes you will be able to see how the width looks.
Adjusting the Height:
- Choose the height that you would like your module to be (we don’t recommend anything less than 250).
- If you update your changes you will be able to see how the height looks.
Once you are happy with your new Map Search Module, update the changes with the “Update Changes” button. Then, grab the HTML code in the box to the right and place it in the appropriate place on your website where you’d like the Map Search Module to appear.
Things that make the Map Search Module different from the Featured Map Module are:
- You can move the map around and zoom in (double-click).
- You can refine your search with the dropdown menus around the border of the map.
- Changing either of the above will adjust which 25 listings you are viewing at any given time.
Comments are closed.